Here is the link for the board package for our Budget Workshop for the Helix Water District Board Meeting:
BUDGET WORKSHOP OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Wednesday, May 3, 2017 – 4pm
Continuation…Thursday, May 4, 2017 – 4pm
7811 University Avenue, La Mesa, CA 91942-0427
Hello, as you may have noticed things have been quiet on getting out my blog/emails. This has been due to a combination of things:
- First and foremost - things are pretty great at Helix! This new board has really been busy, creating standing committees (a first for Helix, meetings will begin in July), Board Retreat discussing board and general manager relations and directions, and looking at new ways to do things (Budget & Water Rates).
- Spring Break with a Board Meeting cancelled.
- And my new position on the San Diego County Water Board, learning the new District and Administration (I am on the Finance, Water Planning and Conservation Action Committees).
- Please Note: If there was any concerns, I would have definitely got something out...
So, now back to Helix Water District Meeting on Wednesday - 2017/2018 Budget. This year we are looking at a draft first hand before we discuss water rates, so we can see what is needed or can adjust and we do not make this budget official after looking at it this first time (something I have been asking for a long time).
We want to give plenty of time to discuss and look at each item.
The budget presentations are as follows:
• Introduction and Overview
• Water Quality/System Operations Budget
• Operations Budget
• Engineering Budget
• Administrative Services Budget
• Capital Budget
Here is the future budget/water rate meeting schedules:
May17 - Five Year Financial Projection Workshop
June 6 - Distribute to Board Preliminary Budget Document
June 13 - Board Approval of Preliminary Fiscal Year 2017-18 Budget
August 2 - Proposed Fiscal Year 2017-18 Water Rates
August 16 - Board Approval of Fiscal Year 2017-18 Water Rates (tentative)
Unfortunately, the one thing that is missing in the draft budget is an estimated end of the year amount, it is only budget to budget, so, I have gone to the last monthly treasury statement (through March 31) and comparing those numbers and seeing where they are at, under or over budget.
As always, I welcome your comments and feedback.
Blog is on my website of past meetings & comments…check it out!
Please feel free to forward this email.
Kathleen Coates Hedberg, PE, MPH
Vice President, Helix Water District Board
11263 Explorer Road
La Mesa, CA 91941
Per the request of the Helix Water District Board on May 16, 2012, the following language is to be added by all Board Directors in all outgoing Director correspondence. "This correspondence, and any documents attached hereto, reflects the individual opinions and positions of the above-named Director and does not represent the opinions or positions of the District's Board of Directors or the District. Pursuant to Section 9.1-11(A) of the Helix Water District Policies and Procedures Manual, individual Directors, except as otherwise authorized by the Board, shall have no power to act for the District or the District's Board of Directors."
**Please note no public funds or resources were used for the distribution of this email...
***If you want to be removed from my list…let me know! J
****If this email was forwarded to you and you want to be added to my list…let me know!
*****Transparency, don’t just say it – do it!