Here is the agenda and board package link for our Regular Helix Water District Board Meeting:
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Wednesday, April 6, 2016 - 2 p.m.
7811 University Avenue, La Mesa, CA 91942-0427
Item 6 (pdf page 98) Fiscal Year 2016-17 Draft Budget Guidelines and Principles: A 11 page Board Report on the summary of the District. IMOHO this should be put in a Committee or Special Meeting for Board/Staff discussion purposes. As stated on the last line of page 11 “Staff will incorporate the comments and direction received from the board in the preparation of the preliminary budget.” Budget = Water Rates
Item 8 (pdf page 113) Appropriation Request for the El Monte Electrical Shed Removal: Wrong paint? $80K to tear it down? I have some questions for this project.
Item 12 (pdf page 122) Adopt Resolution 16-11 Revising the Emergency Drought Action Plan to Rescind the Two-Day Limit on Outdoor Irrigation: Revise the district's emergency drought action plan so that the two-day limit on outdoor
irrigation is rescinded, effective upon adoption. Outdoor irrigation would be limited to no more than three days per week, effective upon adoption. All other mandatory water conservation measures under a Level 2 Drought Alert would remain in effect, which include:
- Limit outdoor watering to no more than three days per week - customers may choose which three days to water.
- Limit outdoor irrigation with spray sprinklers to no more than 10 minutes per station per chosen day, unless using efficient irrigation such as drip, rotating nozzles, stream rotor sprinklers, weather-based controllers, etc.
- Water only between the hours of 6 p.m. and 10 a.m.
- Eliminate runoff and overspray from irrigation systems.
- Repair all leaks within 72 hours.
- Stop washing down paved surfaces unless necessary to alleviate health or sanitation hazards.
- Use recirculated water to operate ornamental fountains.
- Wash vehicles using a bucket and a hose equipped with a positive shut-off nozzle.
- Serve and refill water in restaurants only upon request.
- Offer hotel guests the option of not laundering towels and linens daily.
Item 13 pdf page 129) Drought Update:
- Cumulative Decrease 21% compared to 2013, meeting our 20% Reduction..
- The Districts rolling 12 month total gallons per capita per day is at 90.7 gpcd as of February 2016. THE LOWEST EVER RECORDED FOR THE DISTRICT!!!
- The State Water Resources Control Board approved the credit request for drought-resilient supplies for the district’s investment in the Carlsbad desalination and was granted an 8 percentage point adjustment, reducing the districts conservation standard from 20% to 12% for this next year. Hence, why adoption of Item 12.
- We had a GREAT Lake Jennings Camp and Recreation Presentation at the last Committee Meeting (send me an email if you would like presentation). The numbers in attendance is up and bringing the finances up too! Unfortunately, I was not able to attend the meeting due to a cold…a cough that is making my life miserable!
- Have you signed up for Helix Water District Newsletter – great hot off the press news! www.hwd.com
Kathleen Coates Hedberg, P.E., M.P.H.
Director, Helix Water District Board
11263 Explorer Road
La Mesa, CA 91941
Thomas Paine Liberty Torchbearer Award Winner
Per the request of the Helix Water District Board on May 16, 2012, the following language is to be added by all Board Directors in all outgoing Director correspondence. "This correspondence, and any documents attached hereto, reflects the individual opinions and positions of the above-named Director and does not represent the opinions or positions of the District's Board of Directors or the District. Pursuant to Section 9.1-11(A) of the Helix Water District Policies and Procedures Manual, individual Directors, except as otherwise authorized by the Board, shall have no power to act for the District or the District's Board of Directors."
**Please note no public funds or resources were used for the distribution of this email...
***If you want to be removed from my list…let me know! J