Here is the link for the board package for our Regular Helix Water District Board Meeting:
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 2 PM
7811 University Avenue, La Mesa, CA 91942-0427
ACTION ITEM: Item 6, pdf Page 26: Notice of Vacancy, Application, Questions and Rating Scale for Division One Board Vacancy
- Vacancy has been posted
- Applications are available at Helix WD for submittal, deadline Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 5pm.
- Interview at a Special Board Meeting at 6pm on January 30, 2017 (see page 31).
Here is the posting by Helix Water District: http://hwd.com/helix-seeking-candidates-for-board-of-directors/
Union Tribune article:
Helix Water District board has opening, you interested?
East County Magazine article:
HELIX WATER SEEKS CANDIDATES FOR BOARD OF DIRECTORS: APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED JANUARY 19-26
8. Pdf Page 69. The Board Receive an Update Regarding the District's Drought Action Plan for December 2016
- Water use less this last month than a year ago, most likely due to rain!
- Cumulative Water Use -19% compared to 2013.
- SWRCB meeting on January 18, workshop to consider ongoing emergency drought regulations.
*Oh…and by the way…I was sworn in on Wednesday, January 11, 2017, to the San Diego County Water Authority (Along with President Joel Scalzitti – see photo attached)…so, now I will not only be working for the people of Helix Water District but for ALL the 24 MEMBER Agencies in San Diego County! I am on the Administrative and Finance Committee (Budget/Rates) and Water Planning Committee (Local Water Projects), and on the Conservation Action Committee as an alternate. I look forward to my service!
CHECK IT OUT! Helix FREE Education Programs:
- Saturday, January 21, seats are still available for Water Smart Landscape Design Workshop, This free, 3-hour workshop will show you how to have a beautiful landscape using a fraction of the water that a traditional landscape needs. The workshop is taught by one of our local landscape experts and brought to you by Helix and the San Diego County Water Authority.
- Saturday, January 28, we will be having our first Helix Water Talks, behind the scene tour and panel discussion on giving customers an inside look at how Helix provides a safe and reliable water supply from the science and engineering to the policies and operations at our Operations Center. I will be there!
As always, I welcome your comments and feedback.
Per the request of the Helix Water District Board on May 16, 2012, the following language is to be added by all Board Directors in all outgoing Director correspondence. "This correspondence, and any documents attached hereto, reflects the individual opinions and positions of the above-named Director and does not represent the opinions or positions of the District's Board of Directors or the District. Pursuant to Section 9.1-11(A) of the Helix Water District Policies and Procedures Manual, individual Directors, except as otherwise authorized by the Board, shall have no power to act for the District or the District's Board of Directors."
**Please note no public funds or resources were used for the distribution of this email...
***If you want to be removed from my list…let me know! J
****If this email was forwarded to you and you want to be added to my list…let me know!
*****Transparency, don’t just say it – do it!