Here is the agenda and board package link for our Regular Helix Water District Board Meeting:
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Wednesday, March 2, 2016 - 2 p.m.
7811 University Avenue, La Mesa, CA 91942-0427
Item 8 (pdf page 40) General Manager Employment Agreement (OPEN SESSION): Authorize the President of the Board of Directors to Execute the Fourth Amendment to the Employment Agreement between Helix Water District and Carlos V. Lugo
- A Three Year contract that stipulates a yearly increase in pay:
- February 1, 2016 - $216,733 per year
- February 1, 2017 - $223,234.99 per year
- February 1, 2018 - $229,932.04 per year
Note: this is the first time the Helix Water District has had a General Manager multi-year contract that addresses pay increases. Only 2 other water districts in the San Diego County have multi-year contracts, Otay MWD with no pay increases included in the contract and Rainbow MWD with a guaranteed consumer price index increase and any merit increase given by the Board. Recent article on Water Manager Pay increases.
- Have you signed up for Helix Water District Newsletter – great hot off the press news! www.hwd.com
- NEW Rebates for WATER TANKS (200+gallons - $300)! www.socalwatersmart.com
- 2 more days to go – Special District Video Contest $1500 (split between student & school) go to www.SanDiegoCSDA.Weebly.com for all the information (I am the Video Contest Chair – Deadline March 1, 2016 – spread the word).
As always, I welcome your comments and feedback.
Per the request of the Helix Water District Board on May 16, 2012, the following language is to be added by all Board Directors in all outgoing Director correspondence. "This correspondence, and any documents attached hereto, reflects the individual opinions and positions of the above-named Director and does not represent the opinions or positions of the District's Board of Directors or the District. Pursuant to Section 9.1-11(A) of the Helix Water District Policies and Procedures Manual, individual Directors, except as otherwise authorized by the Board, shall have no power to act for the District or the District's Board of Directors."
**Please note no public funds or resources were used for the distribution of this email...