Here is the link for the board package for our Regular Helix Water District Board Meeting:
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 2PM
7811 University Avenue, La Mesa, CA 91942-0427
Item 7. pdf page 26: East County Advanced Water Purification Program Memorandum of Understanding
- The board adopt Resolution 16-39 authorizing the general manager to enter into a memorandum of understanding with Padre Dam Municipal Water District to participate in and fund $291,000 towards additional studies related to the East County Advanced Water Purification Program.
- District customers continued to use water efficiently during the month of September 2016 and reduced water use by 20 percent compared to 2013 (93 gpcd), even with no limits on outdoor watering days or times.
- However, customers did use 12% more water than used last year (September 2015).
- Currently, the State of California continues to discuss and working on additional Long-Term water efficiency measures as required under Governor Brown's May 2016 executive order…to be drafted and released in January 2017.
This November Election for Helix Water District Board I support:
- Division 3 (Spring Valley, Lemon Grove, southern La Mesa)
- Mark Gracyk: has professional experience managing water, regularly attends the Helix Board meetings, and has expressed willingness to be a ratepayer advocate. Website: http://www.Mark4hwd.org
- Division 1 ( El Cajon)
- Dan McMillan: has served on the Padre Dam Water District Board, the San Miguel Fire District Board, has a sound background in finance also pledges to represent the ratepayer Website: www.dan4lowerrates.com
As always, I welcome your comments and feedback.
Per the request of the Helix Water District Board on May 16, 2012, the following language is to be added by all Board Directors in all outgoing Director correspondence. "This correspondence, and any documents attached hereto, reflects the individual opinions and positions of the above-named Director and does not represent the opinions or positions of the District's Board of Directors or the District. Pursuant to Section 9.1-11(A) of the Helix Water District Policies and Procedures Manual, individual Directors, except as otherwise authorized by the Board, shall have no power to act for the District or the District's Board of Directors."
**Please note no public funds or resources were used for the distribution of this email...
***If you want to be removed from my list…let me know! J
****If this email was forwarded to you and you want to be added to my list…let me know!
*****Transparency, don’t just say it – do it!