Here is the board package link for our Helix Water District Board Meeting:
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Wednesday, July 3, 2019 - 5 p.m.
7811 University Avenue, La Mesa, CA 91942
The Helix Water District Annual Water Quality Report just came out. We met all Federal and State drinking water standards – your water is safe! Check out the full report here!
July 25, Water Talk Series – Helix Water Chat! At our Administration Office, 7811 University Avenue, La Mesa, CA 91942
Join us from 6:30-8:00pm for a presentation on Helix’s water supply. We will discuss where our water comes from, the history of the large infrastructure projects we still depend on today, the challenges were facing now with a changing climate and growing population, and the portfolio approach to water resources management that many consider our best path to sustainability.
Interesting Agenda Items:
Item 8. (Page 78) Interim Funding Agreement for the East County Advanced Water Purification Program and
Item 9. (Page 96) Term Sheet Addendum for the Proposed Agreement for Implementation of the East County Advanced Water Purification Program.
- Item 8. We are still continuing to move forward with exploring the feasibility of the East County Advanced Water Purification Project, and these items authorize more funding for engineering and moving forward. The costs will be reimbursed back to Helix by the funding agency when the project goes live. However, there is that off chance that the project may not go forward for whatever, reason and any expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the agency.
- City of El Cajon, Padre Dam MWD have already approved moving forward and splitting the costs.
- The County of San Diego will be voting on this item at their July 10, Board Meeting.
- The Total cost for this item is $2.35 Million Dollars
- Item 9. We have in the term sheet that the cost of the water will be revenue neutral to Helix Water District customers, meaning we will NOT be paying anymore than the cost of SDCWA raw water costs. This accounts at this time to approximately 92% of the cost of SDCWA. This water base price is subject to reassessment as the project develops. All agencies have agreed on this number. It is below 100% as we have costs of reservoir, pumping etc. to consider. The benefit to Helix will be having an additional drought proof local water supply for the future. The benefit of this project to the wastewater suppliers is that they don’t have to pay for the cost of wastewater treatment by the City of San Diego. Win-Win
Water Rate Update
- August 7 Board Meeting Approval of Water Rates
- August 28 Distribute to Board Fiscal Year 2019-20 Document
- August – Bill Insert Mailed to Customers Regarding Upcoming Water Rates
- January 1 Water rates effective on bills for water used in November and December
Have a Happy Fourth of July!
As always, I welcome your comments and feedback.
Blog is on my website of past meetings & comments…check it out!
Please feel free to forward this email.
Kathleen Coates Hedberg, PE, MPH
Past President, Helix Water District
Board Director, San Diego County Water Authority
www.lakejennings.org (go fishing & camping - teepees)
www.socalwatersmart.com (rebate link)
**Please note no public funds or resources were used for the distribution of this email...
***If you want to be removed from my list…let me know! J
****If this email was forwarded to you and you want to be added to my list…let me know!
*****Transparency, don’t just say it – do it!