Here is the board package link for our Regular Helix Water District Board Meeting:
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Wednesday, March 21, 6 pm
7811 University Avenue, La Mesa, CA 91942-0427
Item 5 b) iii. Minutes March 10, 2018. The Board had a very productive Best Practices Workshop (Retreat) and discussed three main topics:
- Use of Land Sale funds ($9 Million)
- Future of Lake Jennings
- Clean Energy Feasibility Study
Item 8. (PDF Page 88) The Board Authorize Staff to Submit a Notice of Intent to Withdraw from the Association of California Water Agencies Joint Powers Insurance Authority Based on the Status of Fiscal Year 2017-18 Strategic Work Plan Objective 3.7b, "Research Coverage and Premium Options for the District's General Liability, Property and Workers' Compensation Insurance"
In an effort to make sure we are getting the best price and coverage for insurance we are looking into receiving a bid from another agency, but in order to receive pricing information, the company requires that we submit a notice of intent to withdraw from our current agency. However, we can rescind the withdrawal notice, if the new bid price/coverage is not better than what we currently have.
Item 9. (PDF Page 100) Monthly reports for February. Due to the warmer weather these last few months, the water usage has gone up and definitely more usage this February than last year. However, with this intermittent rain in March, the water usage may be lower this month or the same as last year.
Just goes to show you mother natures weather patterns are very unpredictable! Be water wise and turn your sprinklers off for a week as rain is coming on Thursday. BH2OWYZ
Helix Water District Community Events
- 03/24/18 El Cajon Arbor Day @ Kennedy Park, 8am - 11am
- 03/24/18 Water Conservation Garden – Garden Tour
- 04/21/18 Helix Talks - Water Treatment Plant Tour – Sign up on line
- 04/28/18 Butterfly Festival @ The Water Conservation Garden, 9am - 3pm
- 05/19/18 Customer Appreciation Day @ The Water Conservation Garden, 10am - 2pm
- 03/17/18 New Moon Fishing
- 03/24/18 Spring Carnival
- 03/23-18 - 04/08/18 Spring Break Lake Open every day
- 04/14/18 New Moon Fishing
- High School Photo Contest - 03/09/18 deadline
- Grades K-6 Poster Contest - 03/12/18 deadline
- CSDA VIDEO CONTEST Create a one-minute video telling the public, “What’s so special about special districts,” local government agencies formed by local voters to meet specific needs, like water or sewer service. The California Special Districts Association (CSDA) is offering prizes up to $1,000. Applications and videos due by April 1, 2018. www.sandiegocsda.weebly.com
- Lake Jennings Photo Contest - Open to all from March - May, 05/31/18 deadline
- Our eBill cupcake sweepstakes continues through March 31, 2018. When customers sign up to receive their water bill electronically between those dates they will be automatically entered in a monthly drawing for a dozen Sprinkle Cupcakes, delivered to their home or business. New enrollees only.
As always, I welcome your comments and feedback.
Blog is on my website of past meetings & comments…check it out!
Please feel free to forward this email.
Kathleen Coates Hedberg, PE, MPH
President, Helix Water District
Board Director, San Diego County Water Authority
www.lakejennings.org (go fishing & camping - teepees)
www.socalwatersmart.com (rebate link)
**Please note no public funds or resources were used for the distribution of this email...
***If you want to be removed from my list…let me know! J
****If this email was forwarded to you and you want to be added to my list…let me know!
*****Transparency, don’t just say it – do it!