Here is the board package link (packet too large to email) for our Regular Helix Water District Board Meeting:
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 2 p.m.
7811 University Avenue, La Mesa, CA 91942-0427
2:05 p.m. Time Certain Public Hearing
Item 6 pdf page 80) 2015 Urban Water Management Plan:
- The Board Conduct a Public Hearing Regarding the 2015 Update to Helix Water District's Urban Water Management Plan, Approve Resolution 16-18 Adopting the 2015 Update to the UWMP and Authorize the General Manager to File the UWMP with the California Department of Water Resources
- Presentation attached. In essence it is a huge plan that is Required by the State every 5 years, that addresses concerns of meeting the demands of the future. Includes meeting the 2009 imposed, 2020 plan of reduction of 20%, however, we have met that and some already…
Item 13 pdf page 434) East County Advanced Water Purification Program:
- In order to continue to move forward with Padre Dam’s Project, studies need to be performed, in particular of the water movement in Lake Jennings. Thus, Helix’s latest share is $291,000 at this time for our contribution to the planning study.
- This is a new water project, I do not know why this Board does not reinitiate the new water capacity fee…we are losing funds that can go directly to this project. We stopped collecting the new water capacity fee when our El Monte Project died. This was funds paid for by new development in the area as new growth/development means more water needed. We had a huge amount of development that could have paid for this fee, instead it just means that existing customers have to pay.
Item 14 pdf page 436) Drought Update:
- Cumulative Decrease 21% compared to 2013, meeting our 12% Reduction…which the State is now considering on May 18, 2016 self certification as another option, see Helix Letter To State Board…will let you know.
- The Districts rolling 12 month total gallons per capita per day is at 88.4 gpcd as of April 2016. The new lowest ever on record!
- In the mean time Helix Customers Can Water Three Days per Week…save the trees & time to establish new water wise plants…we can all breath a little bit easier, but remember, No Waste, Be Water Wise!
- Get Helix Water News Delivered to YOUR Inbox! Hot off the press news, sometimes I find out here before my General Manager tells me! Scroll to the bottom of the page to sign up. www.hwd.com
As always, I welcome your comments and feedback.
Kathleen Coates Hedberg, P.E., M.P.H.
Director, Helix Water District Board
Thomas Paine Liberty Torchbearer Award Winner
Per the request of the Helix Water District Board on May 16, 2012, the following language is to be added by all Board Directors in all outgoing Director correspondence. "This correspondence, and any documents attached hereto, reflects the individual opinions and positions of the above-named Director and does not represent the opinions or positions of the District's Board of Directors or the District. Pursuant to Section 9.1-11(A) of the Helix Water District Policies and Procedures Manual, individual Directors, except as otherwise authorized by the Board, shall have no power to act for the District or the District's Board of Directors."
**Please note no public funds or resources were used for the distribution of this blog!