Here is the board package link for our Helix Water District Board Meeting:
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 5 p.m.
7811 University Avenue, La Mesa, CA 91942
Since the last Board Meeting. Here is an update article on the Advanced Water Project that Helix is working with Padre Dam MWD, City of El Cajon and the County of San Diego. Helix pledges additional $2.5 million for Padre Dam reclaimed water plan and here is the website for the project East County Advanced Water Purification Program Progresses with Partner Agencies Approving Interim Funding Agreement
July 25, Water Talk Series – Helix Water Chat! At our Administration Office, 7811 University Avenue, La Mesa, CA 91942
Join us from 6:30-8:00pm for a presentation on Helix’s water supply. We will discuss where our water comes from, the history of the large infrastructure projects we still depend on today, the challenges were facing now with a changing climate and growing population, and the portfolio approach to water resources management that many consider our best path to sustainability.
Interesting Agenda Items:
Items 9 - 17 are various contracts and appropriations for projects for the new fiscal year.
Item 18 (page 184). The District Was Awarded the: Special District Leadership Foundation - District Transparency Certificate of Excellence.
- The certificate covers all general, website, and outreach best practices and requirements regarding transparency for special districts. Demonstrates to constituents and stakeholders your district’s commitment to being open and accessible. Earning the certificate demonstrates a commitment to engaging the public and creating greater awareness of district’s activities.
Page 193. Helix Water District – Water Billing
- Water Usage for 2018-2019 compared to 2017-2018 was down -6.6%
- Water Charges for 2018-2019 compared to 2017-2018 was down -1.5%
- 2018-19 Revenue $87,055,078
- 2018-19 Expense $73,863,512
- Capital Improvement Expenditures $12,869,835
Water Rate Update
- August 7 Board Meeting Approval of Water Rates (rate information will be sent out August 2nd)
- August 28 Distribute to Board Fiscal Year 2019-20 Document
- August – Bill Insert Mailed to Customers Regarding Upcoming Water Rates
- January 1 Water rates effective on bills for water used in November and December
As always, I welcome your comments and feedback.
Blog is on my website of past meetings & comments…check it out!
Please feel free to forward this email.
Kathleen Coates Hedberg, PE, MPH
Past President, Helix Water District
Board Director, San Diego County Water Authority
www.lakejennings.org (go fishing & camping - teepees)
www.socalwatersmart.com (rebate link)
**Please note no public funds or resources were used for the distribution of this email...
***If you want to be removed from my list…let me know! J
****If this email was forwarded to you and you want to be added to my list…let me know!
*****Transparency, don’t just say it – do it!