Here is the link (and attached) for the board package for our Regular Helix Water District Board Meeting:
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 2PM
7811 University Avenue, La Mesa, CA 91942-0427
Item 10. pdf page 48: Modification to Existing Noble Americas Energy Solutions Energy Contracts
- The Board Authorize the General Manager to Execute Superseding Addendums to the Existing Noble Americas Energy Solutions Energy Contracts Modifying the Price and Extending the Term of the Contracts
- We were told at our Committee last week that due to an increase of energy in the market right now (fracking), the cost of energy contracts are going down – good for Helix Customers! See additional information in attached presentation.
DA Commodity $64 54/MWhr $55.27/MWhr 2 Yrs December 31, 2019
Renewable Portfolio Standard $5.90/MWhr $5.90/MWhr 1 Yr December 31, 2019
Resource Adequacy $3.46/kW $3.40/kW 1 Yr December 31, 2018
Item 11. pdf page 58: Policies and Procedures Manual Annual Update
- The board consider changes to the policies and procedures manual and set the date and time of the public hearing for Wednesday, December 21, 2016, at 2 p.m.
- Quite a few POLICY changes proposed from Section 2.12 District Fee Charges to various Employment Guidelines and Benefit Changes…
This November Election - Grossmont Mt. Helix Improvement Association and I support:
- Helix Water District Division 3 (Spring Valley, Lemon Grove, southern La Mesa)
- Mark Gracyk: has professional experience managing water, regularly attends the Helix Board meetings, and has expressed willingness to be a ratepayer advocate. Website: http://www.Mark4hwd.org
- Helix Water District Division 1 (El Cajon)
- Dan McMillan: has served on the Padre Dam Water District Board, the San Miguel Fire District Board, has a sound background in finance also pledges to represent the ratepayer Website: www.dan4lowerrates.com
- Otay Water District Division 5 (Jamul, Rancho San Diego, Mt. Helix)
- Mark Robak: has served on the Otay Water District Board since 2004. He is for accountability, efficiency and elimination of government waste. Website: www.OtayMark.com
Get out the Vote & Pass it ON!
As always, I welcome your comments and feedback.
Blog is on my website of past meetings & comments…check it out!
Please feel free to forward this email.
Kathleen Coates Hedberg, P.E., M.P.H.
Director, Helix Water District Board
11263 Explorer Road
La Mesa, CA 91941
www.lakejennings.org (go fishing & camping)
www.socalwatersmart.com (rebate link)
Thomas Paine Liberty Torchbearer Award Winner
Per the request of the Helix Water District Board on May 16, 2012, the following language is to be added by all Board Directors in all outgoing Director correspondence. "This correspondence, and any documents attached hereto, reflects the individual opinions and positions of the above-named Director and does not represent the opinions or positions of the District's Board of Directors or the District. Pursuant to Section 9.1-11(A) of the Helix Water District Policies and Procedures Manual, individual Directors, except as otherwise authorized by the Board, shall have no power to act for the District or the District's Board of Directors."